These silly ghost balloons are a fun craft project for the whole family. This is a fun and easy project that can add an element of humor to the spooky season.
- White helium-filled balloons (9” work best)
- White tissue paper (use large sheets)
- Double-sided tape
- Black dry erase marker
- Pink or red vinyl (optional)
- Fold a sheet of tissue paper in half lengthwise (hot dog style), and then fold it into thirds widthwise. Cut a scalloped edge along the bottom of your tissue paper.
- Unfold your tissue and cut into two, down the length of your first fold. You will use one for each ghost.
- Place a few pieces of double-sided tape along the non-scalloped edge of your tissue and adhere it around the center of the balloon. If the tissue does not reach all the way around, you can add a smaller piece to fill in the gap.
- Draw your faces! Use a black marker to draw eyes, sunglasses, a mouth—whatever you so choose. You can also cut pink tongues, red hearts or other “accessories” out of vinyl and attach them to the balloon for an extra pop of color.
- Tie your ghosts together or place them individually along your driveway, by your front door or around your party. You could even leave them face-less and let guests draw their own and take it home as a Halloween party favor.